Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Half time

So I've been cooking since I left earlier and here's my progress, my kitchen's a disaster but I have a pot of beef stock on the store, I browned about 5lbs of hamburger which I will now freeze for things like quesadillas, tacos, lasagna, pasta sauce, hot dishes, chili, etc.

I also have a full 1-2lbs of chicken "Nuggets" really thigh pieces I removed as much of the fat as I could and then coated them with a spinach and egg mix then in bread crumbs with flax, parmesan, salt and pepper, paprika, etc. (inspired my Deceptively Delicious)

Next I made a huge batch of ground turkey mix, with veggie purees such as spinach, carrots, cauliflower, and then bread crumbs flax, spices, etc. I made a huge an of meatballs, then added some dijon mustard and ketchup to what was left and made mini muffin tin size meat loafs, and then added a little more dijon and a little brown sugar and made one med. size meatloaf. One basic turkey mix I was able to shape in to what I hope will be three different flavors, but all with at least a little veggie punch. By the way, incase I haven't said it before, I'm not a big deceiving my child into eating veggies person, I just personally don't care to take a huge bite of solid meat, I like the veggies in there, it stretches out the food and packs in a ton more nutrients than just protein. We always serve our son veggies on the side and expect him to eat at least one bite for every year he is, that may change as he gets older. One of my friends called this a "No Thank You Bite" I like that.

I'll post some photos soon.

No comments: