Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Beans, Beans, Beans, Hooray!

Ok, I'm really proud of my bean accomplishment. Wed. I made beans, see last post. But it get's better. We were gone all weekend fishing and camping but I through the beans in the cooler, added some cheese packaged (like tuna) chicken and tortillas and we had that as a lunch one day. On Sunday we had quesadillas again, added salsa and sour cream now that we were at home.

The next night I through the last of the beans in a pot and made black bean soup out of it. It might seem like a lot of beans in one week and it kinda was, but the tastes were all so different and many of the nights were interupted by something else that it didn't seem like the same food. So for $1-2 we had enough beans to be the protein component of three meals. By far one of my prouder cooking moments!

Did I mention I went to a bean cooking class tonight? 12 or so different bean recipes we sampled, delicious! I'll keep you posted.

No comments: